Monday, November 3, 2014

Ragnar Blackmane Work in Progress

I'm building a Space Wolves army and the companies that will be represented are Blackmane's and Deathwolf's great companies.
 
Those of you who follow my Instagram have seen Deathwolf in his glory already, but today I will be showing  you good folk the progress on Ragnar.
 
First, I based the model with Vallejo Black Primer through my airbrush. I find that the primer is easy to control and, therefore, I am able to apply the thinnest of coats. I proceeded to paint the model's armor with a base of "The Fang" and then applied "Russ Grey" on top of that. I left the fang showing in certain areas, but was very liberal in my application.
 
I wanted to get the face out of the way, so I based the skin with bugman's glow and applied a fleshshade wash.

 
Then I re-applied the bagman, and began layering Cadian flesh and then kelsiv flesh. I also whited out the eyes and teeth and added pupils to the eyes.
 
So, that's where I'm at...

No comments:

Post a Comment